Caretaker/Site Manager: 17 ½ hours per week term time with an additional 6 weeks holiday working. Total of 44 working weeks per year.
Salary: Grade 13 point 6 £11.38 – £12.46 per hour depending on experience (pay award pending).
Start date: To be agreed but as soon as possible would be ideal.
The Governing Body of Thurlbear School are looking for an energetic and self-motivated person to join our hardworking Premises Team as a Caretaker/Site Manager. Thurlbear School is on the edge of Taunton and set in an idyllic rural location. The role will include general maintenance and repairs, cleaning, health & safety checks and site security. You do not need to have previous experience as training is available. There is also some flexibility on the timing of the hours to be worked for the successful candidate.
The successful applicant will:
- Be positive, adaptable and flexible
- Be able to problem solve and work independently at times
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be able to manage potential lettings and lock up following afternoon/evening meetings
- Undertake minor repairs
- Manage Health and Safety (through daily, weekly, monthly and annual checks.)
- Lock/unlock the site each day ensuring it remains secure
- Work alongside the other members of the team to maintain a clean and safe working environment for pupils, staff and visitors.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please apply by using the SC application form. To arrange a visit – or talk further – please contact the School Business Manager, Mrs J Moore firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and medical check. Thurlbear School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.