Tomorrow, Thursday, we are preparing for potential disruption from high winds and flash flooding. As of 4:15pm today, Somerset County Council advice is for Somerset schools to stay open. I know a number of families have contacted me and mentioned that Devon and Dorset schools are closed, but the current advice for Somerset is to remain open but vigilant. I have also been in touch with our Chair of Governors Mr Hurn, who also feels we take these steps for tomorrow.
Therefore, we will treat it like an emergency closure: I will notify families via our website, Class Dojo and Tapestry approximately 7am if we need to close. If we close, we will arrange an online learning offer and make you aware of arrangements for this via tapestry and Dojo.
Please take care on the way into school. We will monitor the weather conditions throughout the morning and stay in touch with you should anything deteriorate. As always, in any risk assessment scenario, we hope for the best but plan for the worst.
As in any situation like this, I have the unenviable position of sitting between what is best for you as families – and getting on with our daily lives of educating our children – and what is the safest option for our staff and pupils. I hope you can respect and support my decision in this instance.